The Danville Boat Club was organized in 1937 as a social club.
The original building was leased from the Robbins family who owned most of the
Walnut Hill area.
The first Commodore was Gale Pate. The Club originally had 10
boat slips but in 1991 the lake was raised 5 feet, which allowed additional slips to be
The 1900's saw continued improvement of
the shoreline and buildings. Under thoughtful Board guidance, the Club has maintained a
stable and growing membership.
Today, the Danville Boat Club is comprised of over 400